Facebook, by far is considered one of the biggest social networking websites out there. It boasts the following statistics on its’ site.
- More than 400 million active users
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- More than 35 million users update their status each day
- More than 60 million status updates posted each day
- More than 3 billion photos uploaded to the site each month
- More than 5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each week
- More than 3.5 million events created each month
- More than 3 million active Pages on Facebook
- More than 1.5 million local businesses have active Pages on Facebook
- More than 20 million people become fans of Pages each day
- Pages have created more than 5.3 billion fans
Now you may have seen the controversy surrounding both these websites. They include stories such as missing teenagers, sexual predators, etc. So how do we keep kids safe?
- Privacy Controls are the biggest thing
- Monitor Their Activity
- I suggest Christian alternatives
Below are a view ideas of Christian alternatives. Now I know they aren’t as popular as the above mentioned, but they are cool.
Tangle is an awesome Christian website. It combines the ideas of Youtube, Facebook and Myspace. It also gives a little more than that. He is some information I found on their site.
The vision of tangle is to be a place where members can come together to connect, share, and grow together in faith and life. How can users do this? tangle users can connect with each other by creating and joining group pages for their churches, bands, ministries and shared interests. tangle users can share their lives, thoughts, and passions through videos, photos, and blogs. Finally, tangle users can use the website’s unique tools such as the Online Bible and the Prayer Wall to grow in faith in Christ while being in fellowship with Christians from all over the world.
Shoutlife is another great Christian oriented alternative to Facebook or Myspace. Here is some information I found on their site.
ShoutLife.com is a free community / social networking website that offers customized profiles with unlimited photos, networks, events, private/instant messaging, blogging and more. We are unique in that our community is safe and clean, yet is still feature rich. We focus on creating and promoting a fun and positive environment. At ShoutLife.com, you can connect with your friends and meet new people as well as amazing music artists, authors, comedians, organizations and more.
So readers, what are your thoughts? Are these websites a good idea?
Until next time readers, God Bless!
* I and this blog do not get paid to share this with you.
***Thanks for reading! Please take a moment and subscribe to my RSS Feed or for an email subscription click ” Subscribe To This Blog” on the right side of your page.