Good morning everyone! Today is Friday, and what does that mean? It’s date night! See ladies, I told you I would be posting just for you. The date nights will be posted every Friday while I am blogging through The Dude’s Guide to Manhood. Each date will be different, and will be coming from the book 52 Uncommon Dates: A Couple’s Adventure Guide For Praying, Playing, and Staying Together by Randy Southern.
THE LEGO DATE
Can two adults really have a great date with nothing more than a pile of small, brightly colored notched bricks? That’s the question the Lego Date aims to answer. The key is not necessarily the activity itself, but what it represents—- and what it encourages you to talk about. During this date, you are building something as a team—- just as you are in your life together.
1) Choose your medium. It doesn’t have to be Legos. It could be Lincoln Logs.
2) The cheaper the better. No need to spend $300.00 on a Star Wars set.
3) Aim for maximum togetherness. Both of you should be hands-on during construction.
4) Use the building analogy as a jumping-off point for conversation. You’re building a relationship, a family, a life together, and a vehicle for God’s work. Talk about how the “construction” has gone to this point. How well have you learned to work together? Are you satisfied with the results?
5) Take pictures. Pose with your work.
Before your date ends, take it to God. Thank God for your significant other. Thank Him for the influence that relationship has had on your life. Ask Him to help you maintain a spirit fo cooperation and mutual respect for what the other person brings to the “building process”.
Here is some scripture about building something together.
Well I hope you enjoy your date night!
Until next time readers, God Bless!
***Thanks for reading! Please take a moment and subscribe to my RSS Feed or for an email subscription click ” Subscribe To This Blog” on the right side of your page.